03 January 2011

28-Day Challenge

Good evening everybody!

I was a busy bee at work today, running around like a mad woman.

The highlight of the day though was this:



Has the sun ever looked so beautiful? If I didn't know it was Jannuary, I would probably think it was spring! I guess it made the day a whole lot more bearable.

So, while I was crazy busy working, my cats were busy tanning...

...and bird watching!


Lucky kitties!

The lovely Menelao kept coming towards me while I was trying to take pictures of him.


I guess he prefers cuddling rather than modelling!

Enough with the kitty talk for today ;)

***

This afternoon, while looking at the calendar, I realized... 28 days till the end of the month, this could be the perfect time for a 28-day challenge! I'm coming out a pretty long period of slacking when it comes to exercize and eating right, you know, there's the holiday season and then there was the flu and then just mere and plain excuses. It's time for me to kick my own ass back into gear. So, since it takes 21 to 28 days to build an habit, for the next 28 I will be focusing on building back those habits that kinda got lost down the road.

Here are my 28-Day Challenge's goals:

* Exercise 5 times per week:

Exercising is pretty important for me, it's not only about the calories, it keeps my energy high throughout the day, improves my mood, decreases my headaches and it automatically makes me eat better. A win-win situation, right? Well sometimes, especially at 6am when I wake up to exercise, all these very valid reasons seem to magically disappear and a warm cozy bed looks much more appealing...

* Eat 5 smaller meals instead of 3 bigger ones:

Eating 5 smaller meals is so much better for you, it spikes up the metabolism, it doesn't leave you starving between meals and it's much better for your energy levels.

* Drink 2/3 liters of water per day:


Well, water is just downright awesome for us


* Do house chores at least 1h per day: 

It can be anything but keeping things clean and organized simply makes me function better!

***

Have you ever done a 28-day challenge? Was it helpful? Do you want to join the challenge? What are your goals?

Love,

Elisa 

No comments:

Post a Comment