15 July 2012

Elisa... who?!

Well, hello!

I cannot believe my last post is from Feb 2011!

I don't even know where to start from...

RANT ALERT ;)

So much has changed in this year and a half: I don't live in Italy anymore, I moved to Ireland a little over a year ago, it was something that I wanted to do for the longest time. This changed so many things for me. Of course I had to look for a house, a job, I have different friends and... I went back to school. Oh yes, I just finished my first year of my 3-year long Naturopathic Nutrition course.

I honestly couldn't be more happy about this course and although it's hard to work full-time and study on top of that, I know it'll be worth it.

Needless to say that all of these changes took a toll on me. This past year has been far from easy but I am finally starting to settle down.

I feel like I've changed a lot, I've grown stronger in some aspects of my life but I am not as strong as I used to be in others.

I gained something like 10kg (around 22lbs), ironic, isn't it? I start studying Nutrition and I gain all of this weight.

I got really upset for months but now I feel like I need to do something about it, I need my old self back.

I just need to realize that going through some changes is not easy and slip ups happen but you can always get back on track as long as you don't give up on yourself.

So... I made a calendar last week to challenge myself to start exercising again, go back to my healthy eating and drinking more water.





Of course I will keep you all updated on how I am doing.

For now I am just starting week 2.

Week 1 was great I have to say. I stayed on track with my eating for the whole week, drank my water and worked out 5 day out of 7. I have to say I am pretty happy with that!

Week 2 though is proving to be a lot more challenging. All the excitement of starting a new journey is dying off and I need to stay more focused. Yesterday I had a terrible day as far eating and today it's proving to be hard too. I'm starting to realize that this usually happens when I have a lot of time on my hands.

So this is exactly what I will work on this week!

Starting weight was 72.3 kg (159.4 lbs). At the end of week 1 I was 71.2kg (157 lbs) but after yesterday's mess I was 71.8 kg (158.3 lbs). Well, I guess it's a work in progress, right?

I also took before pics (terrifying!) but I will share them with you at the end of this challenge.

Wow, this was a long rant, I don't even know if it made sense! ;)

Anyway, I am really happy that I finally took the time to update this blog and I'll update you guys weekly with my progress, I most certainly need to be accountable and I think this is a great way to do it!

Well, for now I wish you all a lovely and I will see you very soon!

And remember to never give up on yourself!

Love,

Elisa

No comments:

Post a Comment